Saturday, October 16, 2010

My How You've Grown....

So a lot has changed in the Burtnett family since the last post (thanks to laziness).  Mostly having to do with the age of my two girls.  Georgia, now 2, has morphed in front of my eyes into a babbling, crazy talking toddler.  Sophia, now 4, is firmly ensconced into her Pre-K class, learning the difference between upper and lower case letters, and addition and subtraction. 

They still amaze me every day.  We've definitely found our groove over the last 8-9 months with the whole staying-at-home thing.  I look back at the first few weeks months after I stopped working - failing to find a steady schedule, the fear of going it alone at grocery shopping with two little ones (no longer able to fit errands in on a "lunch break"), the terror of realization that these kids' entertainment, learning and exercise were all up to ME now, no longer able to rely on daycare for all of this.  I thought the transition from working full-time to staying at home full-time would be a smooth one.  Holy WOW was I wrong.  Which isn't to say that I've got it down pat now - but I definitely feel that we've hit our stride...More to come - and this time, hopefully, I will stay on top of the blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment