Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Inaugural Post

So it's only 2010, right? I mean, I'm not *that* far behind in the blogging movement...

Oh who am I kidding.  You see, I've wanted to start one a million different times.  Yet, the reason I haven't in the past is because I always ask myself, "Self....who would want to read your blog?"  My parents aren't exactly what you'd call savants of the internets.  My husband, well he knows it all already (which he loves to point out), and who else is really going to be able to either find my posts or really care all that much when there is all the facebook-ing and TMZ-ing to be done??

Then today, as I was was taking a rather mundane and common trip to the store with my husband and baby girls, for the hundreth purchase of bananas of this month, my preschooler said something pretty darn funny.  The problem however, is that I cannot remember what that funny musing was.  And this has been a recurring worry of mine - she prattles on with funny nuggets daily, and I always wonder how am I going to remember all these cute things in the future?

So my blog is born.  See, it's not really for anyone else, although if you happen to stumble upon my ramblings and stay - welcome!  But simply put, it's for me.  Because years from now, my girls will be grown - off on their dates, sporting events, or what have you, and I will be craving something to look back on to remind of me of these precious years.  The first 3 and 1 years of their lives, respectively, I've worked on my career and in turn, feel as though I've missed so much of these moments.  So I am now soaking it in, swimming in the cuteness.

My girls are simply the best things I've ever done.  And so in lieu of bronzing their baby booties (do they even make those anymore?) this blog will serve as the anals of their childhood (and my concurrent, frazzled motherhood). 

Away we go.......

3 comments:

  1. FYI...you can print your blog into books too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY ... I can follow my future daughter in laws all the time!! Welcome to bloggerville, I'm over at http://thespinningpropellor.blogspot.com/

    LOL you find some familiar situations / rants there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY, Kristen, i will scoot over there and check it out! And thanks for the tip, Megs, that is great to know!!!

    ReplyDelete